Let us know what you think about the site, we would love to hear from you:
Golf Forum rules
The GolfSmash forum works because our members agree to our Vow of Conduct. At its most basic level, the Vow of Conduct requires all members to respect the time and expertise of others.
- Keep the forum positive - The GolfSmash Community strives to make the forums a safe and enriching place by encouraging our members to offer friendly advice and share ideas to better the golf industry as a whole. We will not tolerate posts or comments meant to bully or belittle another member.
- Respect fellow community members - Every community has different opinions that may vary from your own. All we ask is that you respect each other and the community. Please refrain from posting anything that may cross that line or that you wouldn't say in front of someone.
- Choose your words wisely - You may not post anything that is abusive, threatening, slanderous, profane or belligerent against any individual or groups of individuals for any reason.
- If you don't like it, don't respond - There may be some posts that upset you but don't necessarily violate any guidelines. We suggest you move on to a more intriguing post - why waste your time! If you see something that is a violation, by all means flag away.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I noticed that someone posted spam or another inappropriate message. What should I do?
A: Use the "report" button that is in the bottom right corner of each message to report the post to site administrators.
Q: I saw that someone asked a question that has been asked over and over again and I am sick of seeing it. Should I answer with a sarcastic response?
A: No. If you want to be helpful, post a link to a previous thread or politely suggest the poster use the search system. If you don't want to be helpful, please move on to the next thread.
Q: I also saw that someone posted a really stupid question. Should I call them an idiot?
A: No. Site Administrators probably had exactly the same question at some time and will take offense at the inference that they are idiots.
Q: There is a thread that I really hate and I wish people would stop posting in it. Should I post a message saying, "Please stop posting in this thread?"
A: No, your post will simply make the thread go back to the top of the list of topics and give it additional exposure. If you don't like a thread, don't read it.
Q: Don't all users have a right to free expression and should be able to post anything they like? Isn't it censorship when a Site Administrator interferes with that right?
A: No and No. We allow great leeway in what users are allowed to say, but Site Administrators reserve the right to delete and/or modify any message at any time for any reason.
Q: There's nothing on your site that says that posts need to be constructive, non-ironic or even polite.
A: When you respond to posts, please be constructive, non-ironic, and polite. While other posters' questions and/or viewpoints may not seem relevant to you, they may still be important to the poster. Please treat them with respect and respond in a manner in which you would like people to respond to you. Posts that appear to be aimed at "trolling" the forum rather than engaging in constructive discussion may be deleted.